Welcome!

We invite you to celebrate the small victories each day, as well as the special occasions and major accomplishments. Follow as I chronicle the happenings here in our little corner of Silsbee, TX. Also feel free to add comments on our "doings" and to let us know what you are celebrating each day. Love to hear from you and share in your joys and trials.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Picking Strawberries--and Strawberry Shortcake

Strawberry Plants Pictures, Images and Photos
I went out this morning to a local pick your own strawberry patch.  I took my timer along and determined that I would spend one hour picking berries.  Well, there was a dad and his two kids out picking berries also. With their help, I filled my bucket in probably less than 15 minutes. A bucket full was about 5 lbs. which was enough for me.  This granny sure appreciated the help.
These are good sweet berries.  I put 3 lbs. in the freezer, washed one lb. and put in the "ice box" for Mimi to have to eat, and fixed the last lb. for strawberry shortcake. Paul and I enjoyed some after supper tonight.
White chocolate and strawberry cupcakes / fairy cakes Pictures, Images and Photos

1 comment:

  1. Strawberries are my favorite. I've never picked them. I bet they were delish.

    ReplyDelete