Welcome!

We invite you to celebrate the small victories each day, as well as the special occasions and major accomplishments. Follow as I chronicle the happenings here in our little corner of Silsbee, TX. Also feel free to add comments on our "doings" and to let us know what you are celebrating each day. Love to hear from you and share in your joys and trials.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Day Full of Celebrations! Leap Day!

Yesterday, Feb. 29, 2012 was Leap Year Day! It was also a day or many happenings here.
Probably the most notable was that Eric, my oldest grandson, left for Navy Boot Camp.  This doesn't affect my day to day life here, because he lives in Nacogdoches, and I don't see him very often. But, leaving home and striking out on your own is a big milestone. I know it will be a big adjustment for his parents, and even for his sister.  It will be a big adjustment for Eric, too, but he left thinking of it as a fun adventure.  For him it was a day of celebration.

On the home front, we celebrate some more minor achievements.
Most notable, we got our business signs back.  
Wayne Wise, of Glenn Wise Signs in Beaumont took our old sign.  They cut it in half and repainted it. We are very happy with the result. Paul wasted no time putting it in the yard at Mr. Bandman Music. We like the fact that it is painted on both sides, and people can see it coming and going up and down the street. Wayne also fixed us an open and closed sign for the front door.
This flops over when we're closed.
Also, during the past week I have up dated several on-line listings, including our Merchants Circle page.

I made Communion Bread yesterday, too  I like making pie crust and this is very similar. The main thing is rolling it thin enough. and not burning it. This the second time I've made it recently and each time I left one pan in the oven too  long. 




 

I was proud to take my bread to the building last night so that it can be used for the Lord's Supper on Sunday.
Wednesday, Feb. 29,2012 was a day of many small celebrations!

No comments:

Post a Comment